Friday, May 1, 2015

Ayaz Ahmed Exclusive Interview

There would not be even a single Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan fan who does not like the character Cabir portrayed by Ayaz Ahmed. I am pleased to bring you an Exclusive Interview of this very talented and charming Actor who was previously seen on MTV Roadies 5, Do Dil Ek Jaan, Kitani Mohabbat Hai, Tujh sang preet lagayi sajna, Ishaan, Meri Toh Lag Gayi... Naukri, I Luv My India, Pyar Tune Kya Kiya, MTV Webbed 2, Warrior High, MTV Splitsvilla 7 and Fanaah.
Q: You have studied Law. What made you choose modeling and acting as a Career option?
A: We all have heard "do what you love" or “make your hobbies as source of living for happy life". I was always inclined towards dance and acting since I was in a school. I was a part of the dance team and also represented my school in drama festivals. I was just lucky enough to have an opportunity to convert my recreation activities into a living.
Q: How do you feel about being part of a number one Youth Show?
A: I feel grateful to be a part of good show and a good team to work with. Numbers do matter but that's not we work for or rather look for while picking up characters or projects. We can't predict success. The idea is to enjoy the process while working for it.
Q: How similar or different are you compared to your screen character Cabir?
A: Characters I have played so far have never ever been the same or had any resemblance from my own life.  I take references from real life characters for my own characters and improvise to create a unique one. Right from the diction to body language, I design my performance.
Q: You sort of became a Gay Icon after the sexual preferences of your character was revealed in KY2.  Have you ever been approached by men?
A: I have had my moments where I have been praised by members of LGBT community for my portrayal of the character Cabir. But none have approached me in an unacceptable way.  People are smart and literate enough to understand I'm an actor and I just do my job.
Q: Will you be comfortable locking lips with a Man onscreen? Did you really lock lips with Rushad Rana or was that a camera trick?
A:
My stint on Kaisi yeh Yaarian with Rushad Rana was much appreciated. We showed a kissing scene which was a camera trick to make it look real and authentic. The idea behind it was to bring more conviction to story as it demanded. Then the audience could feel the character and builds empathy or sympathy for the respective characters. It is very important as you can't fool the viewers.  The scene also demanded a real lip lock instead of the camera trick or a cheat.  But we resolved with the cheat as a real lip lock of the same sexes is prohibited and can't be shown on a National TV.  So it was waste to do it in real if you can't use it.
Q: Are you disappointed that you have no kissing scenes with co-actors in KY2?
A: I find this question very funny.  No disappointment!
Q: When angry, do you fly into a rage? Or do you simmer in silence until the time’s ripe for vengeance?
A: I am not a person who seeks vengeance. I am energy driven person.  I put all my energy on myself and my work.  So if I am angry, I calm myself down and try to be assertive. Anger and vengeance are wasting your energy on something unproductive.
Q: Do you worry about whether people like you for the real you, or because you are a   Public figure?
A: Nobody will ever know what is going on others mind so I don't know the motive neither tries to find out.  I enjoy the attention if people like me.
Q: Many Television Stars are migrating to Bollywood. Would we get to see you on the big screen too?
A: For me challenging and experimental character is the priority… whatever be the medium… be it Television, Stage Plays or Big Screen.
Q: What do you like to do when you are not working?
A: I paint, cook or write.
Q: Do you believe in love at first sight?   
A: Yes I do believe.
Q: On what do you spend the most: clothes, accessories, perfumes or anything else?
A: All I know I spend a lot...and I don't keep a track of it.
Q: What is your Philosophy of life?
A: I smile for a living

No comments:

Post a Comment